Fortunate to have received many accolades throughout her career, Otara thanks the many who have inspired and contributed to her journey, one that is far from complete.
Sri Lankan Accolades
- 2000 – Jaycees’ Most Outstanding Young Person in Sri Lanka Award (TOYP Award)
- 2001 – Federation of Chambers and Commerce and Industry of Sri Lanka (FCCISL) Entrepreneur of the Year 2001 Award.
- 2002 – Zonta Woman of Achievement Award.
- 2007 – Face of Alankara: Luxury Jewelry Brand.
- 2009 – Colombo Jewelry Stores, Dior Brand Ambassador
- 2010 – Lanka Domain Registry Office www.otara.lk (www.otara.lk) won ‘Best Personal Website’
- 2013 – Echelon Magazine’s ‘Most Powerful Woman in Sri Lanka’
- 2014 – Selected and honored as one of the ‘Prominent Women of the Country’ by the Women’s Parliamentarians’ Caucus, for her achievements in business and for her service to the country.
- 2017 – The Passionate Award, Business Today.
- 2018 – Appointed as Non-Executive Director for Singer Sri Lanka.
- 2018 – Brand Ambassador BioFoods.
- 2018 – Woman of the Year Award, Women in Management (WIM) in partnership with IFC, member of the World Bank Group.
- 2018 – Featured in LMD’s 2018 A-List of Sri Lankan Top 50 Business People.
- 2019 – Sri Lanka Tamil Women’s Union Women’s Day Award in recognition of outstanding excellence, dedication and kindness to all animals.
- 2008 – Woman of Saabstance by Saab Cars, Singapore.
- 2008 – Inducted into the Dallas-Hamilton Entrepreneurial Hall of Fame, as an Outstanding Innovator at the Bowling Green State University, Ohio USA.
- 2008 – South Asian Association for Regional Corporation’s (SAARC) Woman of Achievement Award.
- 2008 – Retail Leadership Award, Asia Retail Congress, India.
- 2008 – Appointed World Animal Day, Sri Lankan Ambassador.
- 2009 – Appointed Goodwill Ambassador for Habitat for Humanity.
- 2010 – Best Female Entrepreneur Award at the Seventh US Stevie Awards for Women in Business.
- 2012 – Swarovski’s ‘Gem Visions India.’ Invited to design a piece of jewelry and participate in a special edition of the ‘Swarovski Gem Visions 2012’ trend book – the first Sri Lankan designer to be recognised by Swarovski.
- 2014 – Ambassador Earth Hour Sri Lanka.
- 2017 – Speaker – Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) on theme ‘Women First, Prosperity for All’ hosted by Ivanka Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Hyderabad, India
- 2018 – Attended the Economic Times Women’s Forum ‘The Power of Half a Billion’ that was held in partnership with Facebook. Was part of a panel discussion on ‘Beating the Gender Bias in South Asia.’
- 2018 – Invitation to speak at the Ladies Study Group for their conference, ‘Shakti Beyond Borders’- a platform to celebrate success stories of women from the 6 SAARC countries who have made significant contributions to their country in different fields.